Jit Sin Alumni, join the JitSinFund facebook group
SHARE YOUR LOVE
Donate to TzuChi
Just click to give food
www.thehungersite.com
Please help these dogs and cats
www.spca-penang.net www.spca-sbgperai.org.my
Please help them
www.edenhandicap.org/donation.htm
NetHope Red Cross Mercy Corps World Vision
If you don't like donation idea, consider lending: kiva.org

Tips and Tutorial and funny stuffs @ Outdated Penang Uncle

Tuesday, March 02, 2010

Fowarded email: Con guy at E-gate Penang

Good day, friends,
During I sent out this e-mail, I purposely do not erase the below history of e-mail is for your cautious and refernce.
This case happened few times at these 2 weeks in E-Gate, Penang ( near to Tesco sea side ).
The car no is PDJ 2584 New Black Toyota Vios. Driver : Young Chinese guy.

----- Original Message -----
From: lion steven quah eng siang
To: CT Soon
Cc: Soon CH
Sent: Thursday, February 25, 2010 6:05 PM
Subject: Re: Con guy at Egate, Penang

oh dear...my daugther's friend got into this and pay him RM800.00 where he claimed that the side mirror comes in pair and this poor young boy just being cheated.
Rgds,
Steven Quah
________________________________________
From: CT Soon
To: CT Soon
Sent: Thu, February 25, 2010 3:15:03 PM
Subject: FW: Con guy at Egate, Penang
Dear Guys…this also happened to my friend yesterday…please be aware!
Please read & take precaution.
From: Bernard
Sent: Thursday, February 25, 2010 12:22 PM
To: Khoo
Subject: Re: FW: Con guy at Egate, Penang

Dear Khoo,

It happend exactly to me on 24th Feb. 2010 I was driving back and a Black Toyota Vios follow me. After I went out from the car , he came to me saying that I hit his side mirror and asking compensation. I did not realize I hit his car at all. I did not pay the damage on the side mirror I "accidentally " hit. Rather , I suggest we report to police. He is getting angry and saying dirty word and drive away. I managed to get the car no and reported this to police already. The car no is PDJ 2584 New Black Toyota Vios. Spread this to your friends...

Regards

Bernard.

On Thu, Feb 25, 2010 at 10:47 AM, Barry Khoo wrote:
Please be pre-alerted that there is a young guy in a black Toyota Vios lurking around Egate and Tesco carpark, claiming that you have accidentally damaged his car while parking yours. After you have parked and walked away, he would approach you and made the claim that you have unknowingly bumped into the side of his car, or hit his light or his side mirror. When you inspect his car, there indeed is the damage.
This guy speaks in Chinese and he would demand for on-the-spot compensation which is a few hundred ringgit-he is known to have asked for RM550!
It has happened to 2 cases, one of which is my family member who had parked in the Egate basement carpark last night.
This guy targets single drivers. Please be careful. He may not be working alone.
Regards
Vivienne

No comments: